Canggu proper is a small village on the beach about 20 minutes north of Seminyak, half way to Tanah Lot.
Canggu is widely used though to refer to a large coastal stretch of about 8 km, running north from the village of Berawa (just north of Seminyak) to the village of Cemagi (just south of Tanah Lot) taking in Batu Bolong Beach, Echo Beach, Nelayan Beach, Pererenan Beach, Selasih Beach, Seseh Beach and Mengening Beach along the way.
It is still a largely rural area away from the beaches, but is being developed fast.
Nelayan Beach (Fisherman Beach) is where you can still get fresh fish, lobsters, prawns etc every early morning. Five minutes walk between Berawa Beach and Batu Bolong Beach.
The beaches have dark grey or black sand and are not prized by tourists for swimming and sunbathing, but offer some renowned and challenging surfing spots. The area remains popular with surfers, the breaks are inviting, the water is clean and the beaches are not as littered with plastic as Kuta and Seminyak.
The area is popular with many expatriates who choose to live here, and a large number of the villas owned by overseas nationals are located here. Much of the area features quietly undulating terrain with the rice paddies that typify much of south central Bali.
ARTISTS’ VILLA & STUDIO
The Villa offers each Artists-in-residence:
- private bedroom with bathroom
The Villa offers a common area to our Artists-in-residence:
- a fully equipped American kitchen
- a dining table
- an open area including a lounge sofa
- a tv room with hi-fi home theatre compatible with both DVD and Audio-In Cable and 45” flat TV screen and Bar-fridge
- a guests bathroom
- a staff area to store tools and works
- a swimming pool
The Villa offers our Artists-in-residence a big equipped area with:
- 100 square metres
The NOA NOA Art Residency offers our Artists-in-residence:
- daily cleaning and final cleaning
- residency coordinator
- airplane tickets
- there will be no reimbursement for expenses (lunch/dinner) to the Artists-in-residence
- there will be no reimbursement for expenses’ tours to the Artists-in-residence
The NOA NOA Art Residency residents are not permitted to host overnight guests in their apartment.
The NOA NOA Art Residency is unable to accommodate guests, children, or pets.