Art. 1 – RESIDENCY AIM
The Middlemist Cultural Association calls another edition of the artistic residency the NOA NOA Art Residency which is aimed at promoting contemporary art.
The NOA NOA Art Residency pays particular attention to young artists and it is a bridge between the East and the West, and vice-versa, a common exchange of artist’s culture.
The Association will provide:
- accommodation in Villa for the Selected-artists in the town of Canggu, in Bali
- an art studio inside the Villa for the Selected-artists in the town of Canggu, in Bali
- an Artist’s Pocket Diary based on: Work Plan, Cultural Schedule
- collaboration with professionals
- airplane tickets
- there will be no reimbursement for expenses (lunch/dinner) to the Artists-in-residence
- there will be no reimbursement for expenses’ tours to the Artists-in-residence
The free-themed Residency includes six sections: painting, drawing and illustration, installation, photographic art, video art, digital art.
Art. 3 – TECHNIQUE
The NOA NOA Art Residency is open to young or professional artists and it is based on a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for people regardless of race, sex, colour, religion, creed and nationality.
Each artist can take part to the NOA NOA Art Residency with three art works as requested in the application form on http://noanoaartresidency.com/apply-now/. Art works may have been previously exhibited.
The sections are: painting, drawing and illustration, installation, photographic art, video art, digital art.
- Painting: works than with technical and stylistic freedom (oil, tempera, acrylic, ink, vinyl, watercolour, graphite, pencil, collage) on any support (canvas, paper, wood, boardcard, plastics, iron). Without limits in size.
- Drawing and illustration: works than with technical and stylistic freedom (pencil, pastel, crayon, charcoal) on any support (paper, boardcard). Without limits in size.
- Installation: works created with any organic or inorganic material. They can include sounds, lights, videos, mechanical or electrical movements. Without limits in size.
- Photographic Art: analog or digital photos, including digital elaborations.
- Video Art: videos, films and works than with any animation techniques on any digital and analog support, with a maximum duration of 15 minutes, opening titles and closing credits included.
- Digital Art: images generated or edited using a computer, tablet, smart phone, or applications where the technological intervention is predominant. The works can be set up on a monitor or printed on a two-dimensional support.
Art. 4 – JURY
The selection of the submitted art works will be carried out by an international Jury made up of members subdivided into the contest categories.
- Martina Corbetta, Jury Forewoman
- Roberto Pisoni, Head of Sky Arte
- Rossella Farinotti, Curator and Art Critic, owner of LabRouge
- Nuria Mora, Artist
The grading system consists of a periodical examination of the candidate’s material.
The Jury’s decisions are irrevocable, unquestionable, not open to appeal, unchallengeable and final.
Art. 5 – PRIZE
The NOA NOA Art Residency’s prize is divided as follows:
- airplane tickets to the Selected-artists. The travel costs (flight tickets round trip) will be paid by the Middlemist Cultural Association only for the duration of the residence, any other additional cost for permanence in Bali must be borne by the artist
- accommodation in Allegria Villa in Canggu, Bali.
- an art studio inside the Villa in Canggu, Bali.
- a calendar, called “Artist’s Pocket Diary”, based on: Work Plan: artists will produce new art works in studio; Cultural Schedule: artists will get in touch with the local and stimulating cultural environment through planned tours
- The complete program will be on line on http://noanoaartresidency.com/program/
Art. 6 – APPLICATION METHOD
The candidates can enter the application form only and exclusively online on the NOA NOA Art Residency’s website http://noanoaartresidency.com/.
The candidates must fill in each requested field of the application form.
The candidates must keep a copy of the registered document sent by mail.
Art. 7 – ENTRY FEE
For the partial support of the organization expenses, the entry fee is:
Regular Application Form = 40 Euro
The payments are only accepted through PayPal, MasterCard, Visa, CartaSì, American Express, Maestro through the NOA NOA Art Residency’s web site on the dedicated page Apply now!.The candidates must keep a copy of the payment.
The entry fee is not refundable.
The entry fee guarantees the participation, but it doesn’t guarantee the selection.
Art. 8 – SELECTION PROCESS
The Jury will choose the art works, which will be admitted to the selection of the prizes as described in Art. 3 – TECHNIQUES.
The Jury will examine only the data listed and sent on line through the application form on http://noanoaartresidency.com/apply-now/, such as:
- art work
- group exhibition
- solo exhibition
- educational qualification
To announce the winners, the Jury will examine:
- artistic research
The Selected-artists will be asked to send an e-mail with focused dossier including maximum 10 (ten) art works. Afterwards a cognitive meeting will be held.
A certain number of artists will be selected in reserve in case of other artists’ missing participation.
The result will be officially published on the NOA NOA Art Residency’s website http://noanoaartresidency.com.
The Selected-artists will be asked to complete a form to guarantee their participation to the NOA NOA Art Residency in Bali. The form must be sent by e-mail together with a copy of the artists’ passport.
Art. 9 – RESPONSIBILITY AND INDEMINITY
The Cultural Association while guaranteeing the greatest care of the art works, will deny liability for thefts, fires or any damages to the art works or people who could occur during the stages of the NOA NOA Art Residency in Bali. Any insurance will be supported by the Artist himself.
By signing this form (TERMS & CONDITIONS), the Artists-in-residece expressively indemnifies the Middlemist Cultural Association from any possible damage caused to the works, for any cause, reason or motive.
Consequently, the responsibility of the art works, and any damage to them, will be totally borne by the artist, who assumes all risks and declares he /she is aware that the Middlemist Cultural Association will not provide any compensation in case of theft or damage of the art works.
Health insurance is requested, because the Middlemist Cultural Association will not be responsible in any way for any health issues of our Artists-in-residence.
It is forbidden to use toxic materials during the NOA NOA Art Residency. The NOA NOA Art Residency will be happy to give the Artists-in-residence a “welcome pack” sponsored by Liquitex and Winsor&Newton with some acrylics, watercolors, brushes and paper block. Each artists must bring by themselves their own items like materials that considers useful for work in Bali.
Noa Noa Art Residency is not a turist travel, each Artists-in-residence must respect the cultural and artistic program.
Our website www.noanoaartresidency.com is at your disposal for any details. Please check to be informed about updates.
There will be no reimbursement for expenses (breakfast/lunch/dinner) to the Artists-in-residence.
There will be no reimbursement for expenses’ tours to the Artists-in-residence.
In case of non-participation of the artist for any personal and/or work reason, the artist is obliged to give back to Middlemist Cultural Association for the amount that Middlemist Cultural Association prepared and paid for the purchase of airline tickets.
Art. 10 – AGREEMENT
The Selected-artists have the right to refuse the admission and participation to the NOA NOA Art Residency however the admission costs in that case will be not refundable.
Each artist gives the Middlemist Cultural Association the rights of reproduction, exhibition, publication, translation and communication, in any manner and without exception.
Fully respecting the moral right of the author, the Middlemist Cultural Association is allowed to use the artist’s image for activities and diffusion.
Each candidate authorizes the treatment of personal data according to the privacy law 675/96 (Privacy law) and to its following changes in the Legislative Decree 196/2003 (Privacy Code)
The participation in the Residency is based on knowledge and the complete acceptance of the following:
- Art 6 – APPLICATION METHOD
- Art 7 – ENTRY FEE
- Art 9 – RESPONSIBILITY AND INDEMNITY
- Art. 10 – AGREEMENT
When artists approve the agreement they automatically join the association as members. All member artists automatically accept the Association’s Statutes.